New Fence For the Dog Maybe?
We had someone come out and measure our yard this past weekend to see how much a new fence for the yard would cost. There are a lot of home improvements I would like to make to our home but the fence, oddly enough, is becoming 1# on the list. My sister told me about her fence quote, so I’m a little nervous. I priced out the materials, that part of the job isn’t that expensive.
We currently walk Ty 2+ times a day and walk him around the yard 1+ times a day. Both Heather and I are starting to feel like we’re holding him back on the leash though. He can really run if you let him. So a fenced in yard will really help him out.
I’ve been thinking about a lot of home improvements we can make. The HGTV improvement shows really put ideas in your head, one week I want to re-do the kitchen, the next week I want to redo the bathrooms. In reality, we really don’t have any pressing home improvements to make. But it is fun to think about them.
Here’s my dream list:
- Ceiling lights for the 2 smaller bedrooms and in deep closet over the stairs.
- Finish the basement – This is one that we may want to do once we have kids.
- Redo the deck – The decking on the deck is in pretty bad shape. luckily the under framing is in good shape, this should be a project we can do this year, if we have the funds of course.
- 1/2 bath – The sink drain needs some TLC. I got the replacement drain last weekend, I just have to find the time to replace it. We also purchased a new faucet for that sink.
- Master bath – The master shower needs some TLC, and the 2 sink counter us ugly.
- Garage – Insulate, drywall, add electrical outlets on west wall and add shelving.
I can always dream right? What sorts of home improvements do you want to do to your home and why?