Well, I’ve finally found others who are finding the same problem.Â I will be surfing the net, open a page and bam! Firefox crashes. More recently the computer was running slow when Firefox crashed and I swear I saw a pop up from quicktime asking me if I’d like to update. Since then, I’ve used a computer without iTunes and QuickTime with Firefox and have had no problems.
I want my iTunes. So to avoid this crashing in the future, I’ve taken the necessary steps below.
- Click Start >Â Programs > QuickTime > QuickTimePlayer
- Click Edit ? Preferences > Player Preferences
- Click the Update tab and remove the check next to “Check for updates automatically”
- Click the File Types tab and unselect everything except “QuickTime Movie Format”Â Uncheck the option at the bottom titled “Notify me if other applications modify these associations”.
- Pray that QuickTime doesn’t crash your Firefox again.
Hopefully this is helpful to others.