Project Trans Am – Month 30, Focus on Interior
I’ve moved the monthly updates on Project Trans Am to my Mods and Rods.tv blog and podcast.
My latest post covering everything I’ve done last August with photos is available here: http://www.modsandrods.tv/2012/11/05/project-trans-am-month-30-interior-and-wiring/
Outline of Accomplishments
- New Windshield Installed
- Interior hard plastics and metal restored (except headliner, seats and carpet)
- Carpet and headliner material ordered
- Inner fenders painted
- Wiring problems assessed and added 4 relays to power windows with my own changes
Plans for November
- Remove rust from floors, paint, and seal seams
- Install sound deadener and insulation in passenger compartment
- Install carpet, dashboard steering column and center console
- Slowly install remaining interior while working on the motor
Hopefully I can get the interior far enough that all the necessary gauges and wiring is hooked up so I can focus on finishing and installing the new motor.